Monday, November 26, 2012

Floor Plan_In Process

There are mainly 3 floors. I provided two emergency exits(fire stair) on two sides.
Concept: I have two auditoriums and they carry totally different styles and elements.
Mainly on the structural appearance(smooth and soft) acoustic music. Another one would be (sharp and heavy) for heavy metal rock music. Since i chose the Brooklyn site, there are two blocks i can work on. I might use a glass open tunnel to connect two main pieces of my opera house.  
First Floor_Restaurant, Lobby and Public Performance Stage
Second Floor Plan_Main Auditorium(1) and Guest Room and Rehearsal Room

Third Floor_Second Auditorium(2) and Office




I am working on the floor plans,sections and physical model.

1 comment:

  1. I wish that you were in class on Monday to review these plans. They are starting to develop and I can start to see the two different elements of the concept model. It is hard to see this without the sections and massing as this project is about the contrast in massing. Also how it sits on the site and entrance. I can see the two theaters - but hard to figure out the other spaces. Every space needs to have access to two enclosed fire stairs.

    ReplyDelete